More of the print media

Guten Morgen!


I haven't updated in quite a while so sorry for that! For today, I'd just be sharing about my progress on my search for supplementary learning materials for my German 11 class. To tell you the truth, after buying my first supplementary learning material (German At A Glance) I never really gave conscious effort to look for others. It was only when I didn't do so well on my seat work regarding the changes of pronoun endings that I realized that I wasn't doing the best I could to improve myself. So right after my last class, I headed to the CAL Library and borrowed 2 books on German Grammar.


So for this post, I'll introduce to you the two books I'm currently reading. They're extremely helpful, and very easy to understand! I haven't done the exercises from the books but I'm planning on doing them today & tomorrow. I'll try to answer the questions here so I can keep track of my progress. :-)


The first book I borrowed is the Teach Yourself: "Beginner's German Grammar"  by Susan Ashworth-Fiedler. It was first published in UK in the year, 1999. Although it's quite outdated, the lessons are quite the same from those we have in class. Plus, I also compare it to my German 11 textbook every now and then. Here's a picture:


The second book I borrowed is the Living Language: "Ultimate German - Advanced"  by Birgit Nielsen. It was published in the year, 1995. Okay so I know that this second book is really outdated already but from what I know, the lessons in the book are still those that are being taught today. Don't worry though, I always check and compare it to my German 11 textbook so I don't learn the wrong things. Here's a picture:




And since my second book is an advanced one, I'm reading and am working on the first book at the moment so I can better understand the lessons for the second book. I'm also trying to look for the Basic-Intermediate edition of the "Ultimate German" in the CAL Library. :-)


That's all for this morning! I shall try to update again this afternoon!


Tschüss!

Comments

  1. Sehr gut! I'm sure these will be very helpful for you. I hope you keep this habit up. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The hunt continues, and I land on YouTube.

Amidst the millions, my eyes were set on only one.

Currently playing: Das Lied der Deutschen