The Cafe influence

Guten Morgen!


Last week's Deutschkurs was all about the Cafe: how to order, how to pay, what to order, etc. That's why I've been inspired to search for a list of Deutsch terms for their food along with it's Englisch definition. My research yielded a lot of results and I'll be posting updates regarding these terms every now and then. But for now, here are some of the few things I've found:
Abendbrot, das
noun
light supper, literally "evening bread
Abendessen, das
noun
dinner
abgießen
verb
to drain
abkühlen
verb
to cool off, cool down
abseihen
verb
to strain, sieve (Aus., S. Ger.)
abtropfen
verb
to drip off
alkoholfrei
adj
nonalcoholic
Ananas, die
noun
pineapple
anbraten
verb
to brown
anschwitzen
verb
to sweat
Apfel, der
noun
apple
Apfelkuchen, der
noun
apple cake
Apfelmost, der
noun
(hard) apple cider


I'll post pictures along with maybe a more detailed descriptions of these terms. Till next time! Auf Wiedersehen!


Source: [x]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The hunt continues, and I land on YouTube.

Amidst the millions, my eyes were set on only one.

Currently playing: Das Lied der Deutschen